Robson Street Business Association
Since the inception of the Robson Street Business Association in 1991, it has been working on behalf of its members, approximately 200 businesses and property owners, to actively promote and enhance the commercial shopping district.
Marketing and Promotions
- Develop and implement annual marketing initiatives that stimulate and increase business activity on Robson Street, such as advertising campaigns, promotional materials, contests etc.
- Utilize social media as a vehicle to connect with the Vancouver community at large by sharing, learning and engaging through two-way communication.
- Plan, coordinate and host special events to attract existing and new patrons to Robson Street, while providing an unique shopping experience.
- Coordinate seasonal street enhancement programs including street banners, hanging flowers baskets and decorative lighting.
- Manage a sidewalk litter pick-up program six days per week and an alleyway clean-up program twice per week.
- Manage a sidewalk power-washing program three times per year.
- Advocate on behalf of RSBA members on various issues, such as transportation, parking and taxes.
- Produce regular member communications including biweekly electronic news, biannual newsletters and annual reports.
- Forge partnerships with other neighboring BIA’s and the City of Vancouver for the benefit of the shopping district.
- Coordinate Robson Street security patrol working seven days per week.
Draft Amended RSBA Bylaws
- The new Societies Act in BC came into effect on November 28, 2016 and all societies have two years to transition to the new act. As such, the RSBA has filed its transition application, as well as amended its bylaws and constitution. Click here to review the amended RSBA bylaws prior to the AGM.
2016/2017 Board of Directors
The Robson Street Business Association is served by a dedicated group of people who represent various businesses and properties within the commercial district.
- Andrew Abramowich- Austeville Properties Ltd.
- Henry Yen- c/o Pacific Management
- Marc Gibson- JRP Properties Ltd.
- Murat Imren- Plenty
- Aaron Young- London Drugs
- Michael Kwan- Kwan Development Ltd.
- Danette Kynoch- Blue Horizon Hotel
- Yang Mah- c/o Jack Lam
- Treva Raymond- CB2
- David Sprague- c/o Lamsons Enterprises
- Teri Smith- Executive Director
- Gurleen Pooni- Social Media and Marketing Manager